Long Pond was originally patented to William Reid in 1709. The Reid family (Cols John and Thomas) and sons and daughters eventually owned six estates in the parish, including including Bunkers Hill, Friendship, Wakefield which are neighbours.
In 1840 the Jamaica Almanac reports that it consisted of 2347
acres and belonged to the heirs of Sir Simon H. Clarke, who also
owned Hampshire and Mahogany Hall.
Long Pond Estate offices are presently housed in the trash house,- easily recognised by the row of tapered, cut-stone columns.
Visits to the sugar factory can be arranged.